Monday, July 7, 2008

The Lightning Thief

by Rick Riordan

Grade: Good

I LOVED it!! It was totally awsome. The chapter titles are sooo funny: "I Plunge to my Death"--how many books have chapters like that? and "I Battle my Jerk Relative"--absolutely hilarious, especially if you know who the jerk relative is. Most of the titles are funnier when you realize what they're talking about.

And the gods are so cool! Hades: "His skin was albino white, his hair shoulder-length and jet black. He wasn't bulked up like Ares, but he radiated power. He lounged on his throne of fused human bones, looking lithe, graceful, and dangerous as a panther." I love the word "lithe", just so you know. And Poseidon is pretty cool too. I've always like Poseidon (I think). Even Ares was almost cool.

I didn't love Annabeth, but Grover was funny, "even though he only knew two songs: Mozart's Piano Concerto no. 12 and Hilary Duff's "So Yesterday," both of which sounded pretty bad on reed pipes."

So in other words, I loved it, and REALLY hope the sequals live up to it.

No comments: