Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Hunger Games

by Suzanne Collins

Grade: Good

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. I stayed up till 5:30 (!!!) reading this book! My dad was similar, but over a couple days. Not quite as extreme. You simply cannot put this book down once you get a certain ways through it. I have never read a book quite like this one in that sense. Yet, strangely enough, I didn't love anything about it: not characters, plot line, style. The world it took place in was quite fascinating, though. I did love that.

EDIT: I don't like to correct reviews of books when my opinion has changed, even if it's drastically changed. But for this one I felt compelled to, I don't know why. Anyway, I do love the plot line and characters and style. All of it. So I don't know why I wrote that I didn't. I suppose I meant that I didn't love any of those aspects, and the gripping-ness was by far the best part?

No comments: