Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Amulet of Samarkand

by Jonathan Stroud

Grade: To Own

I'm writing this after I finished the whole Bartimaeus trilogy, so it's all in retrospect. Just so you know, you invisible people who are not reading this.

This might be my second favourite. Or third? They were all so good it is difficult to choose...

Pros:
First book, thus has the benefit of it all being so new and exciting.
Bartimaeus's humour is so fresh and hilarious in this one. Not that it gets old, exactly, in the other ones. But in this one, I found it really stuck out.

You know what, I'm not going to list them all. I'll do that for the third one, which was my favourite anyway.
I'll just say, this is an excellent start, which makes one terribly eager for the rest.

See the rest of the trilogy: The Golem's Eye and Ptolemy's Gate.

No comments: