Friday, May 14, 2010

Ella Minnow Pea

by Mark Dunn

Grade: To Own

Delightful little book. I love language, and I dearly wish I could write better.

It made me very highly aware of the letter "d". It's like the feeling one gets after playing spoons.


Interesting words I looked up because of this book:
aposiopesis: breaking off in the middle of a sentence. I do it in the Note below.
anserous: resembling a goose; silly.
deracinating: mvoing (people) forcibly from their homeland into a new and foreign environment.

Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs.


Note: I would like to own it, but it isn't the very highest on my list. Thus the Grade. It would fit nicely with books like--oh, what's it called? Spellbound, maybe? I'll probably change it officially to "To Own" in a bit, once I've had time to realize how much I liked it. Or, I'll drop the "To Own" altogether.

No comments: