Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Permanent Rose

by Hilary McKay

Grade: Good
Story: Permanent Rose misses her friend, Saffy and Sarah search for Saffy's father, Caddy is having second thoughts about marriage, and Indigo plays the guitar.
Previous books in the series: Saffy's Angel and Indigo's Star.
Next books in the series: Caddy Ever After and Forever Rose.


Perhaps my favourite in the series so far. Rose really is an awesome character. And I quite liked the addition of David into the family. I never loved Tom (although I wouldn't mind terribly if he came back). And although I thought I'd be terribly disappointed if Michael didn't marry Caddy, I think I don't mind as much as I thought I would. I do feel terribly for him, though. Poor guy. I did slightly mind the lack of Indigo. He's sweet--I think rather phlegmatic, which I suppose explains the lack of him.

Anyway, on the the sequels!

No comments: