Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nevermore

by Kelly Creagh

Grade: To Own
Story: Isobel is a cheerleader who's forced to collaborate with a weird Goth boy on a English project. Then there's lots of Poe stuff.

I'm having trouble knowing what to say about this book. I'm not sure why. So I'll just list points:

--It on "To Own" because it's the perfect book if one is very interested in Edgar Allan Poe. I like to collect books about other books or authors or what have you, because I'm sure to get terribly interested in them one day.

--I actually liked the Romance. I don't really know why. I'd like to ruminate on it some more, but I only have three minutes until my Lenten penance takes effect. (No internet after 5:00.)

--The last third of the book was rather disconnected from the first two thirds. They didn't exactly go together terribly well. However:

--There's a sequel! Yay!!! And good thing, because it ends with no definite conclusion at all.

No comments: