Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Komarr

by Lois McMaster Bujold

Story summary: As this is the first book in the Miles in Love omnibus, I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say that this is the book where he meets his future wife. But of course, this is a book about Miles, so there are also plots and shenanigans and lots of trouble.
See the others in this series: Shards of Honor, Barrayar, The Warrior's Apprentice, The Vor Game, Cetaganda, Brothers in Arms, Mirror Dance, and Memory.

Thoughts: Right after reading this book, I left for a three month trip across Canada, and I didn't have time to upkeep this blog. Thus my memory is definitely fuzzy, and the review will have to be short and lacking in details.

Basically, it felt a little like a lead-up to "A Civil Campaign" (the next book in the series) in the same way that Brothers in Arms felt a bit like a lead-up to Mirror Dance. But it was still extremely good, as is all of the Bujold I've read so far. I couldn't imagine someone who could actually be Miles's wife, whom both he and I would like immensely. But I should have trusted LMB. Ekaterin was perfect.

Grade: 4 stars

No comments: