Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Salt and Light

by Mark Shea

Why You Might Like This:
  • Orthodox, balanced, lacking in political affiliation, and spiritually uplifting musings on some of the most important tenets of our Faith.

And Why You Might Not:
  • If you're like me and read Mark Shea's blog fairly often, there might be not a lot of thoughts that are really new.
  • Sometimes I wanted it to go a little deeper into the meanings, especially of the Beatitudes. I know this wasn't really what the book was about, but some of the chapters still seemed pretty short.



Thoughts: Like for the similar book by Mark Shea on the corporal and spiritual works of mercy, this is going to be a very, very boring review. I didn't take any notes while reading, and it's been sooo long since I read this. So I'm just gonna say: it was really well-written and entertaining and uplifting, albeit pretty short, and you'd probably like reading it if you're Catholic.

Grade: 3 1/2 stars

No comments: